Recently on bentleyuser.org...
Printed from www.bentleyuser.org © TMC Publications (UK) Ltd 2010
by bentleyuser - 28 January 2013
Location: John McAslan and Partners, London
Date: 07 February 2013
This is a bit short notice, but Volker Mueller, now Product Manager for GC, is in London and offered to present the latest GC news.
The agenda is as follows:
- overview of the current state of GC
- current (tentative) development plans for GC.
- this year's GC cluster “Transformational Strategies” at SmartGeometry 2013 (Taking place at UCL April 15 to 20, 2013.)
- open Q&A/discussion
As this event is primarily a product update from Bentley it will be free of charge. Please sign up here.
Location details and map.
Visualisation Event 2012 Presentations
by bentleyuser - 07 January 2013
Downloadable presentations from this event:
Jerry Flynn's presentation
Windows 8 and MicroStation
by Marc Thomas - 25 October 2012
The current MicroStation V8i SELECTseries update 1, 08.11.09.357, is certified for use on Windows 8.
The current AECOsim Building Designer V8i SELECTseries update 1, 08.11.09.376, is not certified but will run on Windows 8 so may be worth trying out, but is definitely not ready for production use on Windows 8. A Windows 8 certified version is due in the New Year.
For more on Windows 8 see Building Design's feature. (Subscription required)
Bentley Developer Conference 2012 Review
by Jon Summers - 22 October 2012
Bentley Systems Europe hosted the 2012 Developer Conference at their headquarters in Hoofddorp, right next to Amsterdam's Schipol Airport. There are few venues more convenient for transportation.
About fifty attendees from companies all over Europe walked, cycled, drove or flew to Hoofddorp. We were a mixed bunch, speaking a Babylonic mixture of German, Spanish, Italian, Czech, French, Swedish and American English and probably some more I couldn't recognise. There were presenters from Bentley Systems, of course; several from the corporate HQ in Exton, Pennsylvania and some representing Bentley Systems Europe.
The agenda covered, as you would expect, the inner workings of several Bentley products. MicroStation was covered, of course, as were ProjectWise, i-Models, Bentley Map, Point Clouds, 3D Solids and Haested Water Objects.
We learned more about the Software Development Kits (SDKs) for
by bentleyuser - 15 October 2012
Headline applications in the current round of SELECTseries updates include:
• MicroStation V8i, 08.11.09.357. Includes the Modo 6 render engine, RealDWG 2013 and support for Windows 8. A very useful tweak is the ability to adjust the clip boundary of synchronised saved Views, one more reason to use them!
• PowerDraft? Not yet.
• AECOsim Building Designer V8i, 08.11.09.376. This includes updates made in the earlier .325 priority build and Modo 6. It is not yet certified for Windows 8 but certainly runs on it, there may be some subtle issues that
• Also, a swathe of ProjectWise SELECTseries 4 updates and i-model Plug-in for Adobe Reader, 01.00.01.62.
• The current GC is still MicroStation GenerativeComponents Beta 4, 08.11.09.127, but Beta 5 is on the way soon.
Visualisation Event 2011 - Presentations
by bentleyuser - 10 September 2012
Effects Manager Preview 2
by bentleyuser - 13 July 2012
Bentley's Effects Manager Preview 2 is available for download from Be Communities.
"If you are tired of trying to balance source lighting, solar lighting and environment lighting we are about to make your life much easier. The Effects Manager lets you simply render out floating point images and make lighting adjustment and more instantaneously in a post process. We have automated the render process for you making it really simple to create a stack of images for use with the Effects Manager."
DGN Preview in Windows 7
by Marc Thomas - 26 May 2011
Demonstrated at BE Together 2011, the Bentley DGN Reader for Windows extends Windows DGN integration enabling Preview functions in Windows 7 applications, shown here in Outlook 2010. The rotate tool operates identically to MicroStation, drag the white cross and snap it to the point around which you want to rotate the view. This is one of several new downloads on the Bentley iWare site.